You’re not a photographer and may not even be sure how to work the portrait mode on the new iPhone! Even though you know what you like when you see it, it’s challenging to find unique imagery that fits your brand.
Hold off on the cold sweats – Thankfully there are a TON of great websites out there that have thousands of free high-resolution images for you to use on your new website design and in your marketing materials. Below are four FREE resources for high-quality images as well as another solution you may not have thought of…
- Unsplash is my top pick for many reasons. The style of photography and the sheer volume of free photos they have is hands down the best available on the web today.
- StockSnap.io has bright and minimal photos.
- Pexels is another great resource for lifestyle photography.
- FreePik is an amazing resource for free vector images and illustrations to use in your marketing materials and graphics.
However, if the canned solution isn’t what you are looking for, then keep reading.
If you are tired of not seeing the marketing OR website results you are aiming for, then it’s time to consider custom branded images.
Custom branded images are photos that are unique and one of a kind that you can use in your marketing materials, graphics, social media, and website.
Just like there are photographers that specialize in wedding or food photography there are also talented photographers who specialize in capturing the essence of your brand and translating that into high-quality and UNIQUE images that are totally exclusive to your company, your website, and your marketing materials. Pretty cool, right?
Its time for custom branded photography if:
- People are not taking you or your business seriously. Professional photos of your product and/or brand will portray you as the professional you are.
- You are focusing on building relationships and trust with your website visitors and social media followers. I can’t stress this enough especially if you are in the business of offering services: people need to see YOUR face. You’re asking people to trust you but you won’t even show up in your own marketing? I understand the insecurity of splashing your face all over social, but if your friend can market her MLM nail stickers, then you can talk about your design business or brand new product that will help people. Plus working with a professional branding photographer makes this all super easy.
Who I Used
Now I couldn’t let this post end without sharing with you my favorite branding photographer (hint: she took all the photos of me on this website and in this post!). Her name is Jennifer Morgan and she is a Colorado-based branding photographer with roots back east. Check out her work and tell her I sent ya!
How It’s Helped
Investing in custom branded images for my website and marketing has been one of the best decisions I made for my business this year. Before working with Jennifer, I had a lot that I wanted to talk about on my social media when it came to web design, but I had no quality images to go along with the posts which led to me not posting as much as I wanted to be. It was hindering my marketing efforts.
Another problem was that I had absolutely no images of me working. As a person who works from home 100% remotely, it is important to me to show my face and make connections with clients even before they became clients. Working remotely does not mean a lack of connection or understanding. I wanted to show up in my marketing and that meant posting photos of myself.
Luckily, the photographer I worked with knew how to coach me through all of my awkwardness and really brought the best out of me. I was 100% happy with the photos Jennifer sent and I’m so glad that I chose to be vulnerable and schedule a branding photoshoot of me for my business!
Don’t know where to start?
Don’t worry, I got you. Below is a Branding Photoshoot Checklist that you can take along with you for your first branded shoot below!